Past Events 2019
November 19-20: 401ks, IRAs and Rollovers:
- What are my options with my old retirement plans?
- What are tax consequences of moving accounts?
- How can I best plan for taking income from my retirement plans?
- Should I be using a Roth IRA or 401k?
- Are there strategies I should understand about retirement accounts?
Oct. 24 -25 Social Security Planning
What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income: Learn the answers to your questions:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize my benefits?
- Should my spouse and I take our benefits at the same time?
March 19-20: The new tax law and how it affects you.
February 5-6 – Forecast 2019: Where we’ve been, Where we are, Where we may be going
Plus ANATOMY OF A RECESSION 2018 was a bumpy ride, not the smooth up-market that 2017 was!
Past Events 2018
December, 2018: Winter Break Self-Defense featuring Lauren Taylor from Defend Yourself. (There is a pre-registration and fee requirement).
December 28th, 1:00-4:00pm: Empowerment Self-Defense Class for Adult Women/Non-Binary/Transgender
Anyone can do this! People of all sizes and abilities are welcome. You don’t have to be an athlete or martial artist to help yourself be safer.
- Awareness and prevention. By learning how attacks occur, you can better recognize when you are being targeted for assault or abuse. Using prevention methods at home, at work, at school, and on the street, you can reduce the likelihood of being targeted.
- Verbal skills for stopping an attack or abuse before it becomes physical. Verbal skills are the strongest line of defense against someone who crosses personal boundaries.
- Physical self-defense techniques. Students learn simple, effective strikes to use when other strategies are not an option.
November, 2018: Cybersecurity and Identity Theft. Workshops Nov. 29 at 6 pm or Nov. 30 at noon.
October, 2018: Socially Responsible Investing and Corporate Gender Equity, with guest expert Jennifer Cannon. RSVP: Workshops: Oct. 23 , 6-8 pm or Oct. 24, 12-1:30 pm.
September: Savvy Social Security Planning: Workshops: Sep. 27, 6-8 pm or Sep. 28 12-1:30 pm.
July 3: We celebrated our big move down the street to a larger office: from 1010 Wayne Ave. to 1100 Wayne Ave.
June 16: The 10th Annual Silver Spring Blues Festival. Toler Financial Group had a successful booth at this Festival. Many interested people talked with our representative.
May 5: Biennial Rainbow Family Conference & Gathering
Rainbow Families Biennial Family Conference is a day full of both educational and social events, featuring activities and sessions that allow LGBTQ families to not only learn more about the topics that matter to them, but also to build on their own community of support. Toler Financial Group had a welcoming booth at this conference.
Past Events 2017
January – IRA Tax Planning: Tax-Saving Strategies to help you get more out of your IRA
March – IRA Tax Planning: Tax-Saving Strategies to help you get more out of your IRA
April – May – Cybersecurity – 10 Threats Every Person and Business Faces and How to Fight Them now
June – 6 Retirement Account Options Every Retiree Must Know