Paraplanner Opportunity at Toler Financial Group
Toler Financial Group (TFG) is a boutique financial services firm headquartered in Silver Spring, MD. We serve clients in the Washington DC metro area and across the nation with a primarily fee-based practice. We are building a diverse team to serve our clientele and are proud of our expertise in investing for sustainability and impact. Our firm has a “planning first” approach and we have a strong reputation for independence and putting clients’ needs first. We strive for a culture that empowers its employees to be an integral part of a unified team, contributing to the value and success of our organization and to the financial success of our clients.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic professional to join our team as a Paraplanner in our Silver Spring office. This position supports our Financial Advisor team (3 lead advisors and 1 associate advisor) to ensure that clients receive courteous, prompt and efficient service for their financial planning and investment needs. This includes a variety of client-facing and internal tasks, so the position requires the ability to communicate professionally with clients and business partners as well as internally with the team. The person in this role will have the opportunity to receive training and professional development to grow as a financial professional.
The Paraplanner position requires strong skills in data gathering, entry, and analysis, as well as excellent personal service to our clients. Attention to detail, capacity to manage and prioritize many complex tasks, a collaborative style, friendly personality, and good work habits are essential. We are looking for someone with a powerful desire to succeed in their career, and the patience to grow our business with integrity. Effective time management and the ability to move tasks forward without constant supervision are essential.
- Financial planning case preparation, analysis, follow up, and other support
- Conduct basic investment analysis and provide support to/participate in quarterly Investment Committee meetings
- Investment servicing such as client requests, deposits and withdrawals, applications, and changes to accounts
- Develop and collaboratively maintain workflows and systems with the team
- Pursue and maintain relevant licensing and continuing education requirements
- Active participation in firm marketing, including client events
- Full team member with shared responsibility for smooth and profitable operations
In order to succeed in this position, candidates must have:
- Understanding of personal finance and investment concepts
- Comfort with quantitative tools, financial calculations, projections
- Previous financial planning and/or investment experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands with humor and confidence
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Series 65/66 license (within 6 months of hire)
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with zoom / webinar / meeting software
- Experience with CRM systems (e.g., SalesForce, Wealthbox, Red Tail)
- Written and verbal English fluency
- A Growth Mentality, open to feedback and committed to personal development
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Positive attitude, kindness and patience
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Inclusive attitude toward LGBTQ community
Desirable, additional qualifications:
- CFP or CFA designation or candidate
- Understanding of financial industry regulation and best practices
- Experience with marketing tools such as Constant Contact, Google Analytics, WordPress
- Experience with insurance / insurance licensure (Life/Accident/Health)
- Proficiency with other languages
In exchange for your time, energy, commitment and experience, we offer a base salary ($60,000+, commensurate with education, experience, and licensure), profit-sharing bonus, 401k with 4% matching, health/dental/life/disability insurance, education/conference benefits, and a great working environment in a professional office location near the Silver Spring metro. Team members who demonstrate mastery of their role have the option of hybrid work arrangements after a period of time.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a small, rapidly growing company where your potential to excel is unlimited. Because we are a small team, there are many opportunities for diverse assignments and advancement in several different directions. Our interest is in helping you find the right long-term fit in our firm as it grows, and to maximize your potential. For the applicant who pursues a Financial Advisor position, firm partnership may be an option.
TFG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a very LGBTQ-friendly office, and our whole team must be very comfortable working with our diverse clientele. Send resume and cover letter to INFO@TolerFG.com