Associate Financial Advisor
Toler Financial Group (TFG) is headquartered in Silver Spring, MD, and we serve clients in the Washington DC metro area and across the nation with a primarily fee-based practice. We welcome a diverse clientele, and many are interested in our socially responsible investment expertise. We have a “planning first” approach, put our clients first in everything we do, and are careful to guard our strong reputation.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic professional to join our team as an Associate Financial Advisor in our Silver Spring office. We strive for a culture that empowers its employees to be an integral part of a unified team, contributing to the value and success of our organization and to the financial success of our clients. There are firm partnership opportunities in the future for partner-level contributions, as we are looking to add additional owners.
The Associate Financial Advisor will be on a track for a permanent career position. They will be working towards a leadership role on our team, providing financial planning and relationship management to the firm’s clients, plus growing the firm’s client base. Investment analysis, portfolio management and planning systems are all part of the job as we grow into a larger team.
- Full team member with shared responsibility for smooth and profitable operations
- Attend most client meetings and be responsible for many preparation and follow-up activities
- Build our client base through networking, business development and referrals
- Assist in developing client materials and programs
- Interact with the firm’s operations team on all planning and follow up
- Develop and maintain written systems for the team
- Pursue and maintain all licensing and continuing education requirements
- Attend all firm client events, assist in planning prospecting events
- Progress towards independently managing clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A burning desire to succeed with complete integrity
- Health & Life Insurance License, FINRA Series 7, 63/65/66 (or ability to complete in first 6 months)
- Clean U-4 and U-5 history
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an extraordinary client service orientation
- Previous financial planning and/or wealth management experience
- A genuine interest in serving and caring for other people
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and demands with humor and confidence
- Masters in Business or Financial Services
- CFP® or CFA®
- 3 plus years of financial planning and investment advisory experience
- Transferable book of business
In exchange for your time, energy, commitment and expertise, we offer a base salary (commensurate with education, experience, and transferred AUM), incentive compensation for production, profit-sharing bonus, 401k with matching, health insurance, education/conference benefits, and a great working environment in a professional office location near the Silver Spring metro. This is an opportunity to play a key role in a small, rapidly growing company where your potential to excel is unlimited.
TFG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a very LGBT-friendly office, and our whole team must be very comfortable working with our diverse clientele.
To respond to this opportunity, please
- Send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We will contact you for next steps.
Toler Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.