Get to Know Marcio Silveira,CFA®, CFP®
I’ve had the joy and honor of helping people realize their potential and live the life of their dreams for over a decade. I’ve also been fortunate to work with many clients, from high-net-worth families to recent college graduates with student loans. With each relationship, I gain more insight into how much our emotions and our history with money impact our financial decisions. When my clients experience life transitions, their investment portfolios are the last thing on their minds. They are more concerned about navigating through significant life decisions or planning to anticipate a considerable event. I’ve seen firsthand the benefits of going beyond investment management and developing a deeper relationship in being there for my clients.
Growing up in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, I had the privilege of having a wonderful education and a very supportive family. Over the years, I have learned a lot, earned credentials and industry recognitions, and I have been raising my two kids – Alex and Angie. I believe this luck brings a responsibility to positively impact those closest to me – family, co-workers, and clients – and my community – local, national, and global. The positive impact is what Sustainable Personal Finance is all about. I am a big believer in the power of money as a catalyst for personal and community flourishing. The most rewarding part of my work is the tangible impact that my work brings to my clients’ life.
In my personal life I enjoy playing with my kids, learning different languages and cultures, and doing intense workouts, CrossFit and Track.
- In my 20s I took a six-month trip to almost all countries in South America.
- Moved from Brazil to the U.S. in my late 20s.
- Got married.Had two children.
- Started, grew, and sold two businesses after moving to the U.S.
- Inherited assets twice – once in predictable way and once suddenly.
Academic and professional recognition
- BSc in Economics with concentration in Mathematics.
- MBA in Financial Economics.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- Registered Life Planner (RLP).
- Behavioral Finance Certificate – Harvard Kennedy School.
- Leadership Arlington 40 under 40 (2014 – Inaugural Class).
- Investment News 40 under 40 (2015).
- Arlington Best Business Award (2015).
- Speaker in Several Industry Conferences.